Were You Hurt in a Truck Accident in Tennessee?
Helping families in Sevierville, Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge and throughout the state after a serious truck collision
Truck accidents are always serious, if for no other reason than the sheer size of the vehicles. In many cases, a collision with a big-rig will lead to devastating, often permanent injuries for the drivers and passengers of the cars of the cars in the crash. When they do, the Law Offices of Bryan E. Delius is ready and able to fight for you. We have represented many clients in and around Sevierville, Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, and throughout East Tennessee, after a truck accident threatened to cost them everything. When you choose us, you choose an experienced Sevierville truck crash lawyer who knows how to fight to win.
The causes of truck accidents
While some truck accidents are the result of defective parts – like a faulty gear shifter or bad set of brakes – the majority of truck collisions are the result of driver error. Some of our most complex and memorable cases involve:
- Driver fatigue. There are federal regulations in place for how many hours a truck driver can be on the road at one time. A drowsy driver is a dangerous driver, and we hold both drivers and their supervisors accountable when you are hurt in a crash.
- Driver distraction. Tennessee has outlawed using a hand-held cellphone or electronic device, that that alone has not stopped truckers from driving while distracted by their phones and tablets. Further, the state cannot outlaw gazing out the window, eating while driving or fiddling with the radio while driving. All of these are examples of common driver distractions, and they can cause serious car accidents.
- Driver intoxication. It is against the law to drive drunk, but people do it anyway. Truck drivers may also take “uppers” to keep them awake after long hours. If you were hit by a drunk truck driver, you may be able to file a civil suit for damages against the trucking company.
- Reckless behavior. Speeding, tailgating and swerving between lanes are dangerous enough when an average passenger car does them, but their danger increases when the reckless driver is behind the wheel of a truck.
- Overloaded trucks. All tractor-trailers have a maximum weight load they can carry. Trucks which are too heavy, or have an unbalanced load, can be harder to stop quickly, and have an increased risk of them tipping over.
- Poor maintenance. Truck drivers and their immediate supervisors are required to keep the vehicles in proper working order. Failure to maintain them, or to inspect a fleet regularly, can lead to a serious accident.
- Poor training. Just like a new driver needs practice, so does a new trucker. If a truck driver is poorly trained in safety and the rules of the road, he or she could end up causing significant property damage and injuries in a collision.
The team of truck accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Bryan E. Delius has built successful cases on behalf of residents and visitors in and around Sevierville, Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge who were injured in a crash with a commercial vehicle. We can and will protect your rights, handle the insurance company and help you plan a course for your recovery.
Put an accomplished Sevierville truck accident lawyer in your corner
You don’t have to face the aftermath of a serious truck crash alone; the personal injury attorneys of the Law Offices of Bryan E. Delius are on your side. We have years of experienced obtaining compensation for the injury victims we represent in the Sevierville, Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge areas. Please call 865.280.3686 or fill out our contact form to find out more about how we can help you.